View Full Version : Rca Tv camera

radio nut
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone interested in a RCA tv camera located in St.Marys Ohio "IF" it is for sale?

There is a closed movie theater downtown that sitting outside in front of the door has this camera. there is a very big overhang so it is not getting rained on but is still outside.
I have gotten contact info but was told to wait until next week when the owner is back in town.
If any one is interested I will pursue this and see what happens.
The unit was rust free and in good shape. It appears to be fully intact.
The glass piece and bezel that covers the viewing monitor was sitting on the base with another plate that looks like it would be side shields for the front video tube things whatever they are called. As far as the unit itself it is on a massive base and all covers are on the camera itself. I have never seen one up close but there are plenty of switches on the back side where the operator would stand.
I can also get pictures and post them for an interested party.

Sandy G
09-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Is it a TK-41, the big, grey, humptybacked color beast of the 1950s-60s era ? There's a VK member, Julian Burke, who was wanting one of those a year or 2 ago...

radio nut
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds right but I will have to check.

Electronic M
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
If it is a TK-41, he wants 50$ or less for it, you can hold on to it and bring it to the next ETF meet, and no one else makes a better offer then I might just be willing to give that thing a home.....

Without a CCU (probably would not make a difference as I've never worked on a tube camera before) the only use I can see for it is a prop or hernia inducer....Still it would be a shame to see it get scrapped....

Sandy G
09-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Didn't those Bad Bois usually have a dolly made by some outfit named "Houston-Fearless" ?... Hell, THAT'S worth 50 bux just as it is...(grin)

Telecruiser
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd certainly be interested in the camera. Getting it back to Texas might be a real challenge... Feel free to email me if you fnd out anything.

radiotron
09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
If it is a TK-41, he wants 50$ or less for it, you can hold on to it and bring it to the next ETF meet, and no one else makes a better offer then I might just be willing to give that thing a home.....

Without a CCU (probably would not make a difference as I've never worked on a tube camera before) the only use I can see for it is a prop or hernia inducer....Still it would be a shame to see it get scrapped....

When is the etf meet in 2013?:scratch2:

radio nut
09-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I'd certainly be interested in the camera. Getting it back to Texas might be a real challenge... Feel free to email me if you fnd out anything.

Ok, I will attempt to get a hold of the gentleman who owns it and post the results. The unit can be stored by my best friend if need be.

radio nut
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
This unit is a TK -60. Still interested?

radio nut
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Didn't those Bad Bois usually have a dolly made by some outfit named "Houston-Fearless" ?... Hell, THAT'S worth 50 bux just as it is...(grin)

The base is massive and looks like it weighs a ton!

And it is a Houston Fearless.

Kamakiri
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
If nobody else is interested or can do the logistics, I sure as heck can.....I'm not that far away....

Electronic M
09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
When is the etf meet in 2013?:scratch2:

The question to your answer can be found here. :D
http://www.earlytelevision.org/

If the date ain't set yet then check back in a few months. It is usually held at the beginning of a month in spring.

PS: Here have a banana...:banana: It's on the house!

radio nut
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Well, I got a hold of the owner, real nice guy.
Next time I see something that I do not want I think I will see if it is for sale before I put a post like this one. Just in case I would have to jump through hoops to find the owner and etc. I figured I would see if there was any interest first so I was not wasting my time and instead wasted everyone's time here.

The story was told to me that he has three cameras and the "switcher" and basically everything needed to make your own tv show. Plus they came from Virginia and were used on the 700 club tv show.
He got them because they were "neat"
He did tell me to take as many pictures of the camera as I felt like and he thought it was great that I liked it.
From there you would have figured this equipment was secret gov't stuff because he stated that he would NOT even open the doors to the old theater to SHOW the rest for less than $500.00.
$5000.00 would not even touch the camera out front!!!
So sorry for the possible "teaser".

Kamakiri
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
He wasn't affiliated in the past with the 700 Club, by chance, was he?

radio nut
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
He wasn't affiliated in the past with the 700 Club, by chance, was he?

I do not think so as he did not mention it.
So how did someone from St Mary's Ohio hear about tv cameras from Virginia?????........ Maybe he was and just did not mention it.

Sandy G
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I went to school w/2 of Pat Robertson's boys...They were regular guys, not any more or less religious than anyone else...I remember mainly they had flaming orange hair...It was natural. One of 'em was three years older than me, the other one was a year younger.

Kamakiri
09-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Well, I figure if he was a part of the show, I could call in a favor from my pastor. Never hurts to ask ;)