View Full Version : Obligatory Intro!

SaraAB87
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi, I am Sara, and I just became the proud owner of a Sony Betamax, in addition to that I have a lot of older electronics and video games, I have several other VCR's including a Go Video as well.

Sandy G
09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Nice t'have ya ! Welcome !

Kamakiri
09-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome aboard! I'm in Cheektowaga :)

tvtimeisfun
09-05-2012, 08:12 AM
:banana::banana::banana:Helle Sara my name is tim we welcome you to the best on line site for tv.. I also have beta max made by sony I have a big SL5000, SL300 superbeta hifi and i collect tvs and radios from the 40s, 50s, early 60s that also includes stereo recievers so hope your hobby grows great with the rest of us.. happy collecting Timothy:thmbsp::banana::banana::music:

SaraAB87
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't have room for any older TV's, but I do keep a Panasonic CRT from 2004 and a Panasonic flat panel HDTV that I just bought last year, my first HDTV! I am near Buffalo too. I have very little space, and its quickly being filled!

Also I am not sure if this counts, but we also have a microwave from 1984 that is still in use. Which was ironically a hand me down, it is so incredibly reliable. Most of our other appliances died and we had to replace them, but the microwave lives!

Sandy G
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=SaraAB87;3046955]I don't have room for any older TV's, but I do keep a Panasonic CRT from 2004 and a Panasonic flat panel HDTV that I just bought last year, my first HDTV! I am near Buffalo too. I have very little space, and its quickly being filled!

Maybe I shouldn't oughta tell you this, but Panasonic-And a few other Japanese mfgers-made a line of TEENY, TINY TVs back in the Seventies & Eighties that had incredibly small-1.5" CRTs- that take up hardly any room atall. The whole set-Which sometimes had an AM/FM radio included, were little bigger than a potboiler paperback novel. Good examples still abound, & usually are quite cheap. The King of the Hill is the CT-101 from 1984, which was a 1.5" COLOR CRT set...The smallest ever made. A WHOLE collection of these l'il fellas doesn't take up much space at all, & they're sure to draw lots of compliments.