View Full Version : Sony KV-3000r and RM-706w Remote

brianbhoy
09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey all...

Not a TV guy, but my girlfriend has a Sony KV-3000r TV and RM-706w remote and wants to get rid of it.

I have read that it was quite expensive when launched...not sure the market now. She thinks it works and it looks like it is in good condition. We are in Wilmington, Delaware - near Philadelphia.

Any insight/value/misc appreciated.

Have a safe labor day holiday weekend.

Brian

kx250rider
09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
That's a rare set, and I hope it gets a good home. I already have one, or I'd be interested. There has been one sitting on CraigsList here in Ventura County, CA for a year or so at $250 last I saw it, but likely to the right buyer within local pickup distance, one could be much more than that. The shipping would kill, as it's the size & weight of a piano (511 pounds per the manual).

I would say to check with Harry Poster in S. Hackensack, NJ, as he's probably the one to talk to in that area for valuation and selling, etc. His eBay name is hposter. Not sure if he's a member here, but you can get hold of him by searching eBay "items by seller", if they still allow that.

Charles

brianbhoy
09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Charles, thank you very much for the help. I think she just wants rid of it. All the best, Brian

Sandy G
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Yep, Harry's a member here. Good Man. He knows his stuff about shipping-I bought a 12" Zenith Porthole from him last year, & it got here DANDILY & in GREAT shape !

brianbhoy
09-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks all for the quick replies. Harry, also quick to respond, let me know it is not worth anything - but hey, free is free...someone could take the TV out (I hope that is not sacrilege on this site - if so, my apologies!) and make a fine liquor cabinet or stereo cabinet, bookcase, etc.

All the best - Brian

crtfool
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
PLEASE do not gut that TV - If I had a way to get it to Brooklyn, I would take it.

kx250rider
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I sure hope someone gets it! Definitely you could sell that remote on eBay easily, and if you do wind up (Heaven forbid) re-purposing the cabinet, all of the electronics could be saved.

Charles

crtfool
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope that Brian returns and sees that there is interest in this set, and that it should not be re-purposed.

These sets are gorgeous - I would love to have it, but I have no way of getting it up to me, and I'm not sure that it would be able to come up the flight of stairs to my apartment.

brianbhoy
09-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought I should check back...while not a TV enthusiast, I do have appreciation of other things (vacuum tube stereos, 67 camaros, FJ40's, etc) -and I thought there may be a nerve touched.

Okay, I commit to not cannibalize the unit - I agree, it is a beautiful piece. In return, I could really use all the marketing help you all can muster to get the word out - it is free, I'll help load, etc, etc (no, I won't deliver!).

Any and all help appreciated - and thanks for the help already received.

All the best,

Brian

Dave A
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Brian...I am near you...very near at the ballpark in Phila and if we can find a way to get it to me at the ballpark, it can be saved. I have to borrow a pickup from the ballpark and get to you when my schedule permits unless you have a way to me. I can store/hide it here until it gets a good home. PM me.