View Full Version : Sony HVC-1100 Trinicon camera?

Dave A
08-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Dug out my Betacam portable to copy a tape for a friend. Then dug out this camera to test it on the camera connector. It worked! I have no clue when I got it or where but I was amazed. The color from the tube was quite good even in my not-so-lit kitchen. Monitor pix later when I get the camera near the deck which is at work.

The Trinicon-labeled camera is Sony dark-grey and about cigar-box sized with a short manual zoom lens (3x1) and standard grip. Has the factory carrying case about the size of a small fishing tackle box. Mini mic on top. TTL viewfinder. Ext mic connector and three controls all in Japanese. The good part is some owner knew the language and added Dymo labels. Filter/Color/Tint.

Filter is a neutral-density drop-in. Color is variable between tungsten and daylight. And tint is...tint. I was able to dial in a very correct color pix in the light in my kitchen with different lamps around. You had no shot at getting it right in the back yard without a monitor. It will now live with the portable. I am thinking a very early consumer camera. Will look good next to my RCA CC-002 color cam.