View Full Version : Emerson 611

jeyurkon
08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
There's an Emerson 611 on eBay that will expire soon. I wish I had room for it, to my eye it's a really nice looking set.

No one has bid on it so far. Is this a common model that they're asking too much for?

John

Eric H
08-04-2012, 01:28 PM
That's a nice set, if it was local I'd be very tempted.

The opening bid is very reasonable I think, especially with the stand and the condition it's in.

It would be nice to know what shape the CRT is in but that's a gamble we always face.

The BIN is probably still not bad if, 1. you can pick it up, 2. you can check the CRT.

That set may have the Low Voltage supply from hell, with 5 25Z5 rectifiers!

Einar72
08-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I bought one in '86 or so. It has two 10,000 uF or so caps in the V centering and a couple of "Sandohm" resistors, both of which I could still find at the time. Buried deep in the storage unit of time until I vacate the unit this fall...

BTW, the eBay text in the original post somehow hotlinked, but just to their opening page.

dieseljeep
08-04-2012, 08:32 PM

That set may have the Low Voltage supply from hell, with 5 25Z5 rectifiers![/QUOTE]
The first set in our family was a 12" console, with a simular chassis. The 12" model had four selenium rectifiers, instead of the 5 25Z6's. According to the schematic, the power supply furnished 390 volts for the vertical sweep circuit.

jeyurkon
08-05-2012, 10:43 PM
That's odd, it first sold around the middle of July for $299 with one bid. Then it was relisted but didn't receive any bids and it expired August 4th.

I was thinking about going for it if it was relisted, but now I wonder what happened. I guess I could contact the seller and find out.

John

jeyurkon
08-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, I made a deal for the set. Now I just need to find time to drive to Toledo.

John