View Full Version : CR7000 CRT tester/rejuv

Down Under
07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

I've seen a few videos of these in action, probably by some of you!

They look like a great unit, and I'd like to get one. I was bidding for one very recently on eBay, but when it got to $750.00 I lost interest. Being in AU, I have a considerable amount of freight to put on top, so I'm always at a disadvantage. What is a good price to pay for one of these in good working condition with all the adaptors?

If it comes to that, I guess I'll pay it. The CR70 looks nice as well, but I'd rather go the full hog if possible.

Catchya,

Adam

bandersen
07-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I few I've seen on ebay have gone for $500 or more. Unless you are going to be working with color CRTs I don't think there's much advantage (if any) in the CR7000 vs CR70.

Down Under
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks Bob,

To be honest, I'll mainly be working with "full colour" sets... you know the ones, with BOTH black AND white ;)

Although if I'm lucky enough to get a colour roundie... You guys are so lucky that your TVs are a lot more vintage than ours. And those swap meets I read about would be awesome if we had them here.

BTW I've seen your YouTube videos, I love your work, very informative and entertaining. Please keep up the great work! We need more people to keep these beautiful sets alive.

eberts
09-08-2012, 02:50 AM
There's 8 of them on ebay.

MK1234Tfan
10-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Not to bring up an old topic but thought I would say why you should get a CR7000 over a CR-70 or an older tester. After talking to the tech at Sencore he said that they made the testing process much better and gives you a true reading compared to the CR-70. I had a CR-70 until I sold it and bought a CR7000. Mine was bought calibrated with a certificate of calibration. I tested tubes with my CR-70 that passed. But when tested with the CR7000 they were pretty much failing. Also they made it much harder for you to actually kill a tube he said. You may have to do the lower end cleaning a couple times but it is a lot safer than any tester I've used. Give them a call and ask them about the CR7000 as they are really nice people. They've helped me out with my CR-70 when I had it and help me with my CR7000. Not to mention I've called them numerous times for information on tubes not listed in the setup book or on their website and they replied with great info very quickly. Who else does that still?! :thmbsp: