View Full Version : i am looking for 80's fisher vcrs

jmm83
07-21-2012, 02:18 AM
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i am looking for 80's fisher vcrs. please let me know if you have one thanks

waltchan
07-23-2012, 04:30 AM
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i am looking for 80's fisher vcrs. please let me know if you have one thanks
Your best bet is at eBay.com, but Fisher VCRs are getting harder to find everyday, due to its poor reliability back then, and people don't keep them anymore.

holmesuser01
08-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Your best bet is at eBay.com, but Fisher VCRs are getting harder to find everyday, due to its poor reliability back then.

Had an FVH-840 hi-fi machine that ate rewind idlers for lunch. I was secretly happy when it got stolen in a break-in. Worst machine I ever had.

Oxford434
08-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I have a Fisher FVH-950 VCR. Although we are no longer using it, I believe it is in working condition and has remote and instruction books. It worked wonderfully with matching Fisher stereo TV. If interested, please reply.

jmm83
08-22-2012, 03:07 AM
hi i would like to have it
i sent you a message to your inbox too

Electronic M
08-23-2012, 01:06 AM
There are TONS of VCRs in the thrift stores in the Waukesha Wi. area, and in my tireless hunt for D-, W-, and S-VHS decks(no luck on the first two) I have seen several Fisher machines....I could not really give a damn about normal, run-of-the-mill VHS decks(which all the fishers were), and I'm sure some of what I've seen is in the landfill now.

If you want I could keep an eye out for them and resell them to you for a small profit. Few of the things I come across have remotes. How much does condition(operating and cosmetic) matter to you?

Wally Swift
10-24-2012, 10:01 AM
I bought a Fisher Multi-System VCR in the 80's that made lousy recordings. Played my PAL tapes just fine but the recordings [NTSC or PAL] always looked grainy so I only used it for playback.