View Full Version : Selling my collection

VHS_2012
06-12-2012, 03:08 AM
basicly I stashed away some VCRs before they stopped making them.

I got a older RCA Selectavision VCT400 powered it on today but I think the belts are no good anymore. but it's in good shape no cracks in the plastic case

4 SVHS units
Two JVC's 3600 and 3800 model SVHS ET (one has the remote)
Philips VRA999 SVHS ET has the remote
Mitsubishi HS-U746 SVHS

two sony combo units DVD/VHS combo 19micron
two sony DVD-Recoder/VHS recoder combo's 19micron one has HDMI(might keep that one) one has the remote

Sony SLV-N51 19micron has the remote
SLV-n750 19micron with SVHS playback only has the remote

any idea how much I can get for these

Electronic M
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Your best bet on NIB stuff is to sell on Ebay....Things like that can go for scary prices there. Check what your models have SOLD for (people can ask crazy prices for things and not find a buyer) and if you are selling locally bump the price down significantly.

I've gotten 4 of the same chassis(but three different models) circa 2002 JVC S-VHS-ET units used at local thrifts and have never paid more than 7$. I've had to pay a bit more for used DVD-recorder/VCR combos though .

VHS_2012
06-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Your best bet on NIB stuff is to sell on Ebay....Things like that can go for scary prices there. Check what your models have SOLD for (people can ask crazy prices for things and not find a buyer) and if you are selling locally bump the price down significantly.

I've gotten 4 of the same chassis(but three different models) circa 2002 JVC S-VHS-ET units used at local thrifts and have never paid more than 7$. I've had to pay a bit more for used DVD-recorder/VCR combos though .

used stuff

Electronic M
06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
In the right local setting you can probably get 10-15$ (maybe a bit more for the DVD recorder) for them in good working condition. You can probably get a lot more on Ebay if you feel like listing them there and show them working.

VHS_2012
06-12-2012, 06:20 PM
In the right local setting you can probably get 10-15$ (maybe a bit more for the DVD recorder) for them in good working condition. You can probably get a lot more on Ebay if you feel like listing them there and show them working.

Yes I have them on ebay I sold about 15 of them so far.

2 JVC SVHS ET Pro units.
7 sony VHS units
2 sony beta's
3 sanyo beta's
1 hitachi VCR PAL/NTSC

I made about 2k or so off of them so far. only paid about $300-$400 for all of them.

I did have a offer on the SVHS units

two JVC and phillips

But I refuse to sell it to him as he is going to part them out, there is no point to sell a perfectly good working SVHS ET unit that is going to be parted out.

plus he was low balling me only offered me $75 it would have cost at lest 50-60$ to ship it

NJRoadfan
06-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I did have a offer on the SVHS units

two JVC and phillips

But I refuse to sell it to him as he is going to part them out, there is no point to sell a perfectly good working SVHS ET unit that is going to be parted out.

plus he was low balling me only offered me $75 it would have cost at lest 50-60$ to ship it

Hate to break it to you, but the resale on those units isn't very high to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised if the parts are going into the more desirable HR-S7xxx/9xxx units.

Electronic M
06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
The parts interchangeability between JVC S-VHS decks in the same family can be a wonderful thing.... Last Saturday I swapped the mechanisms between an HR-S2901U I keep as a working spare and an HR-S2902U I use regularly(after it ate a second tape this month I decided I had to do something). The procedure was as easy as pie...Just remove three screws holding the top on, lift the seven tabs that hold the front on, remove four screws holding the mech in, pull the one cable that connects the mech to the board without an interlock connection, lift mech out, swap mechs and then do all the rest again in reverse. Next time I see one of the non-S-VHS versions of this deck at a thrift I'm going buy it to see if the mechs are compatible with the S versions...