View Full Version : Website updated

Big Dave
10-03-2004, 09:28 AM
I mentioned an Admiral color set I found on the curb here a while ago. It is now in working condition. I still have some bugs to work out, but this set now serves as my daily watcher until I get my CTC-16 done (it's next). I'll be adding more pics sometime today.

www.geocities.com/evilfurnaceman

glen65
10-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Wouldnt mind seeing a few pics . I had a 16 once.
I have a CTC11 thats been sitting a quite awhile.
I will get started on it one of these times.

Big Dave
10-22-2004, 12:19 AM
This is before cataract surgery.

Big Dave
12-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I reformatted the site over the weekend. The brand index is gone. That was replaced by two very original indices...Black and white, and color. The restoration section has been reformatted into various subjects, instead of pages of boring reading. I also did some editing and corrected lots of typos (probably missing many more). All sets pictured now have their own pages. I also added the legal section. As far as pics go, I will gladly share them with AK and all of you for the gallery and your sites. I remember one of us at AK (Eric H?) had a picture sniped from his site by someone for their eSnipe auction. Those are the ones I won't give or allow permission to use my pics. In other words, I am not trying to be a jerk, just to cover my butt.

I have also added some links for other collectors. Cory, Eric H, Charlie, Chuck A, Steve McVoy and others are there.

I have been using disposable digital cameras. More pics will be coming in the near future. I think I have a decent screen shot for my arch top Philco. The only color set I won't have a pic for will be the Sylvania. I'll be adding more stuff as I go.

Eric H
12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Looking good Dave!

I thought I had you listed in my links but it's another "Dave"
I will include your Site in my next update :)

Eric

Big Dave
01-06-2005, 10:18 PM
More pics have been added. As of this writing, I forgot to update the new section. I added crappy screen shots to the Admiral color page, opened the RCA CTC-16 (wrong thread) page and the Zenith combo page. Also new, is my occasional editorial. I state my views of the state of TV today. A lot of what I said in my current editorial is identical to stuff I have said here. Many AKer links are there too. More updates coming soon.

Big Dave
01-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I made a few changes since i got a real digital camera. I threw out the pics I had on the Admiral color set and replaced them. Here's a nice pic of Archie doing what he does best...

asynchronousman
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Wonder if that was an "Edith" look, "Gloria" look, "Meathead" look or just general exasperation for one of his many neighbors?

Big Dave
01-14-2005, 07:41 AM
I think that one was at the meathead.

asynchronousman
01-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, Gloria would have been different.

heathkit tv
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Back then I would've made the same face at Gloria.....at least in a darkened room with our clothes off. Today, um, well......that's another story. For some reason I keep thinking of that old ad campaign "Save the Whales"

Anthony

asynchronousman
01-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Back then I would've made the same face at Gloria.....at least in a darkened room with our clothes off. Today, um, well......that's another story. For some reason I keep thinking of that old ad campaign "Save the Whales"

Anthony

You're not 15 anymore, harpoon her anyway :D

heathkit tv
01-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Nah, at this point I'd rather nuke the whales........and for the FBI etc who may have had a flashing red light go off because of the "n" word.....it's a joke son! Don't bother firing up the black helos!!!

Anthony

asynchronousman
01-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Whatever

Big Dave
02-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Just as you thought you were safe from this thread, it comes back. I just made some changes. The Motorola pictured in the BW thread is now on the site. I also updated the restoration of my RCA CTC-16. If you need to contact me, use the email address on my profile or send me a PM. I set up a special address specifically for my site. That address will be used to help nail spammers.

peverett
02-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Dave, your website looks great. On another thread, I mentioned that I also have a metal Motrorola like yours. I also have a larger metal Motorola metal set with about a 21" screen. This TV definitely has a defective CRT, but I think I have a sprare. The back is missing also.

The Sears Surburanite also looks familiar. I have green/black one. These two plus much more came from cleaning out an old TV shop such as Charlie has been doing.

Big Dave
06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm deleting the site.

Big Dave
06-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I changed my mind. I have added a non tv related editorial.