waltchan
09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi
does any one know about this vcr?
won off of ebay for $20 was a little damaged in shipping
do you know where i can find the part that holds the control panel door closed

does any one have the owners manual

let me know thanks
I looked at your other posts, and your Panasonic AG-1950 is the most-reliable VCR model you have in your collection right now.

The latch part was already discontinued and no longer available. Often, it may be sticky. If the latch is not broken, try spraying in a tiny drop of WD-40.

jmm83
09-06-2012, 03:59 PM
oh ok i thought it was a good model but the latch is broken because of poor shipping from an ebay seller

waltchan
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
oh ok i thought it was a good model but the latch is broken because of poor shipping from an ebay seller
Poor packing is extremely COMMON if you don't pay enough for a VCR, as it lacks the seller's ability to pack well since he/she didn't make enough money from it. I had this problem many times in the past. Paying only $20 shipped for a AG-1950 allows sellers to pack poorly and cheaply, as it actually costs $35 to $40 to ship, and they mostly sold them at a loss.

I usually and never pay for any good-looking VCRs for less than $25 shipped, as I know there's always a catch. $50-$75 shipped is much more reasonable, better value, more fairer to sellers, and better packing.

jmm83
09-07-2012, 11:13 PM
yeah i thought that was the reason why
also is it normal for the clock display to be dim. the left side where the level meters seems to be brighter

waltchan
09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
yeah i thought that was the reason why
also is it normal for the clock display to be dim. the left side where the level meters seems to be brighter
A dim clock display is the clock display problem itself. Clock display is similar to a light bulb that eventually dims when it gets old, or it was powered on a lot in the past. I wouldn't worry about that.