View Full Version : craigslist tv

radio nut
03-21-2012, 05:29 PM
What brand of tv is this? I can't read the name. http://dayton.craigslist.org/atq/2898864909.html

radio nut
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
well,I reread the ad with my GLASSES on and I see its a Stromberg Carlson. might be a good one for somebody. I do not have the cash or room right now

David Roper
03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I think they want too much for it, though it is very nice. A precursor of sorts to the early-american sets so commonly seen a decade later.

DavGoodlin
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
It seems like everything is there. Never saw one like that before. Stromberg Carlson was in NYC and made all kinds of things, they gave up on TV pretty early.
Would that be a 12" screen?

There is plenty of restoration talent in this forum and that could be even more interesting. Seems like that is a great price, if it was color....

stromberg6
03-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Stromberg-Carlson was in Rochester NY. Some of their TV cabinets kind of "bleeped", others are rather nice, but the guts are OK. I agree that IMO this one is over-priced. Rare, yes, but not THAT rare.
After General Dynamics took over it was downhill all the way. GD was primarily interested in the industrial and telephone end of the company, and consumer products were cheapened until they were nothing more than the same as any other cheap sets. Did build some amazingly good radios in their heyday, and my basement is packed with some.
Kevin

Eric H
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Pretty plain looking for an SC set, I think it's a 16" tube at least.

It looks very nice, the back looks like new.

I wouldn't go $250 for it but mayb3 $150 if the CRT checks OK.
Sounds like they are willing to negotiate and I don't expect they will get many lookers at that price.

ggregg
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
looks like it might a 19AP4 crt. You are going want that one to test good!