View Full Version : Older Westinghouse LCD TV.

dieseljeep
03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Stopped at the village disposal site to drop off some recyclables. It saw a 19" LCD tv. Having never worked on one, I decided to try my hand on one. After figuring out how to dissasemble it, Naturally I found the bulging 'lytics. It works somewhat, but I have to get into the menu. I still don't see how anyone gets that excited about the picture. More later.

dieseljeep
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Stopped at the village disposal site to drop off some recyclables. It saw a 19" LCD tv. Having never worked on one, I decided to try my hand on one. After figuring out how to dissasemble it, Naturally I found the bulging 'lytics. It works somewhat, but I have to get into the menu. I still don't see how anyone gets that excited about the picture. More later.

Got it working and reassembled. I'm using a universal remote on it. I think the only way to get a decent picture on those, is to use an HD source.
The sound quality is poor also. I have around $5.00 invested in it.:thmbsp:

ChrisW6ATV
03-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Nice work. Yes, on a small, thin TV, the sound will be no better than it would be on a portable radio of similar size as the speaker area of the TV. Basically, pocket-radio quality, maybe a bit better.