View Full Version : Ikegami ITC-735 info

jeffelse
03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Greetings all,
I have recently acquired an Ikegami ITC-735 camera. It is missing a power supply, so I have yet to power it up, but it looks to be mint. A couple questions.. What type of power supply is required? is it some type of standard? where can i find one? what would be a good pairing of a VTR for this camera? What type of connector is it that is used to connect to a VTR (besides the component outs). What I'm most interested to know, though, is this.. according to ikegami's site (http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/itc735.html), the camera has "750 TV lines resolution". Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean if i connected it to an HD recording source via component connections that I would end up with an HD(ish) image close to 720p (4:3, of course..)??

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kamakiri
03-03-2012, 06:14 AM
For that camera, you're going to need a control box, and a really thick cable. The control box acts as the power supply. I don't believe this model can use an Anton Bauer battery pack, but not sure. I have extensive experience with the ITC-730A and a couple other similar models.

The control box acts like a secondary video processor as well as a power supply.

BrianSummers
03-03-2012, 03:28 PM
The Camera is the best part of 25 plus years old, It was considered to be high resolution for the time, but that was horizontal resolution. You referred to 720p which is a vertical specification. The vertical resolution is 525 (or 625 if you are in the PAL world) standard lines for the Ikegami. Modern camera specifications have become more complex and driven by the marketing dept and need to be interpreted with care.

Regards

www.tvcameramuseum.org

XDCAM
03-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I had never heard of a Broadcast Camera that does not have a Power plug ! Of that Vintage (No XLR Socket ? )

Electronic M
03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
It is not necessarily a broadcast camera. There were consumer cams that connected to a separate VHS or Betamax deck, back before they could build tape transports for those formats that were small enough to build in to a "camcorder" that would be light weight and compact enough for the average mortal to wield.

Dave A
03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
It looks to have a 4-pin DC plug on the back and a VTR/CCU connector for probably a 3/4" deck given it's age. The Sony DC format uses pins 1 and 4 for DC. Not sure about Ikegami. Any Sony DC adaptor from the day will do. Check the +/- connections for 1 and 4. It should operate as a free-standing cam with a DC supply. Probably an "industrial" cam given that it has saticons. Bcst would have plumbicons and be in the HL-xx series.

I found this Flickr photo of the back end but could not copy it for here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zog/3791620299/in/photostream/

jeffelse
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
this thread is back from the dead. okay, after forgetting about the camera for a while, i'm interested again. i'm going to make a power supply for it: 12v dc supply via 4-pin xlr. pins 1&4? what capacity should the supply have? 60w? 70w? inform me of my errors! and thanks!

Dave A
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
This Sony adaptor or similar is all you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-CMA-8-CMA-85A-CAMERA-ADAPTOR-POWER-SUPPLY-DXC-3000-CXU-325-327-537-637-/170963591775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ce39625f

jeffelse
01-09-2013, 12:07 AM
well that would be perfect! but alas i am poor and i would need the expensive cable to connect the camera to the supply. the camera has video out and DC in via 4-pin xlr so i would rather make my own supply. 60w sufficient? which pins are the DC? thanks!

XDCAM
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
The power suppy can be made from a old Computer Supply or Alarm Battery .All you need is 12v @ 2Amps .

jeffelse
01-17-2013, 10:54 PM
cool, thanks! does anyone know which pins of the xlr are power?

XDCAM
01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
DC format uses pins 1 and 4 for DC.

Dave A
01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Pin one is neg and pin four is pos. Any DC power supply from 11v to 17v will work.

http://www.3alitytechnica.com/support/downloads/Technica3D-Cable-Pinouts-v2.pdf

jeffelse
02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
success! made a power supply from an old computer power supply and she's alive! now, onward... when i use a bnc to rca adaptor and output from the "video out" or "monitor out" on the back of the camera to my tv... i get a black and white image that scrolls as if the vertical hold of the TV is out of adjustment. what am i doing wrong?

old_tv_nut
02-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Don't know, but that video out might have blanking but no sync. A check with a scope would save a lot of time.

Dave A
02-04-2013, 01:01 AM
If you are using a tv set tuned to a channel you need to modulate the video signal to a RF channel. Run it through an old vcr to do this.

If you are using a tv with a video input look for a bad cable in your connection. Usually a bad ground or no ground.

If you are using a non-tv monitor look for a sync switch and set it to "int" (internal).

The camera will have an "external sync/genlock" BNC connector on it. It should not need sync just for a video out connection. Sync/genlock was used to insert the camera video in to a switcher to properly time with other cameras, tape decks, et al. Boy I do not miss those days.

There may also be a "test" BNC on the camera. This is a direct look inside the camera to see the tubes individually. There is probably a switch on a board that controls this output. You may find a better signal here but the R/B/-G will be in BW only as they are used to set tube registration. The "off" position should be normal video.

And clean and reseat all the board connectors. I used to use a pencil eraser to shine them up then spray.

I used to have to keep some Ikegami HL-77's alive. They had boards that loaded from the back end and would work loose. I had to add shims in the back to keep them in place.

Here is an old page from Ikegami on this camera;

http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/itc735.html