View Full Version : My Beltron eBay score!

Eric H
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I got this Beltron from eBay for $9.95 (plus $20 shipping) it came with the adapters, Beltron Labels and warranty cards, it also has the Owners Manual.

Bonus feature, it works! It could use a cleaning and a new cord, probably ought to replace those two caps also but it works as is.

What amazed me was the lack of parts inside this thing, Looks like Muntz built it but it does the job.

I restored a couple tired tubes just to see what it could do.
I did a 10BP4 that was really worn out and a weak 14BP4 in an Emerson set.

Both tubes went from weak with basically zero life test to strong with about 10 seconds life test!
I stuck the 10BP4 in an Admiral chassis I have on the bench and it comes on strong and bright. :yes:

I'm not a big fan of rejuvenation but this does seem to be different and it's better than not having a tube at all.
I'll have to run one of the tubes for a while and see how it holds up.

Here's some pics of the Beltron.

Kevin Kuehn
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Wow! You got a nice one for a great deal. I recently acquired a REM cathode recovery unit that's about as equally simple inside. I guess these guys subscribed to the KISS engineering method. Quite a contrast to a Sencore CR-70 under the hood.

marty59
02-17-2012, 02:05 AM
The Beltron does serve the purpose, kinda' in a crude, simplistic way. I do like the clean function. I've saved a couple tubes with mine and they are working well. I'm not complaining about my Sencore either!

That was a great deal too.

tvtimeisfun
02-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey Eric, Congrats on your Beltron score maybe 1 day I will get lucky to score me one I have a B&K Anaylist it is o.k. I have not used it in a year or so... Timothy

DavGoodlin
03-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Nice Test Equipment score Eric! Your CRT's will hold up most likely.

my Heathkit IT-5230 has similar circuitry and much less sophisticated looks. Over 33 years, I have saved many a tube with it and made extra adapters for most every CRT. The "clean function" is by far the most useful.

The restore is a last resort only. It can flash-open your cathodes like small fuses if not used carefully.