View Full Version : Older Dude, but New Here

Electrolab
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello Everyone:
Just couldn't stay away once I found the site. Have been on AudioKarma for awhile, but things have been so hectic that I haven't been able to live in the past, but here I am now. Been a tech officially since 1979, and love to bring old crap back from the dead. Most of my older items are in storage, so I am not sure of any models right now. The tv I really want to restore is a 1949 Admiral upright, probably 10" maybe 12" darker wood cabinet, and several others. As time goes on, I will try to get some pix.
Hopefully I may have some useful knowledge, and maybe parts, as I have some items from 6 different shops. Lots of zenith service manuals(all color to 2000). Thanks!
Charlie

Electronic M
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Welcome!

There are many good late 40's-mid50's Admiral restoration threads here (banderson has done quite a few admirals) that could serve as inspiration, and as guide for your own Admiral restoration.

DavGoodlin
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome Charlie! You're the kind of tech that makes this site interesting AND useful.

I did curb-rescue/fix-sell in the late 70's-mid 80's. Zenith and RCA got me thru school.

Looking forward to your posts

bandersen
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Charlie, welcome to VK :wave:

As mentioned above, I've restored a few late 40s Admirals and still have more to go.
I have one of the bakelite console models up on the workbench right now :)

If you need any service info or have any questions, please let me know.

Bob

Electrolab
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't check every day, but I hope my knowledge (or parts) may be of some use to the site! Will update and add as I go! I was also a coin-op technician from 1980-1997 have some parts, and schematics around that era! Especially pinball, and early smps.:)