View Full Version : RCA Victor 21TC 146a

JohnnyUnder
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone, this is my first post here on video karma and I was wondering if any one here knows anything about this model (RCA Victor 21TC 146a)? It is from Ontario Canada and was from the early fifties If anyone has any other info that might help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Electronic M
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
A chassis number and photo might be help full. RCA used chassis numbers to indicate what the electronics inside were and model numbers to indicate the various cabbinet styles avaliable that the chassis came installed in. In the US color sets used chassis numbers beginning with CTC such as CTC2, CTC4, CTC16....etc. And black and white (monochrome) sets used chassis numbers beginnng with KCS such as KCS47, KCS72...etc. If this set was a model made for the US this number scheme should apply (don't know if it goes for canada as well).

Einar72
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Just for grits and shins I Googled the model # (minus the space), and came up with someone selling scanned copies of Canadian RCA service manuals:

http://www.antiqueradioschematics.org/rca-canada.htm

Welcome and good luck!

Oh, one more thing, DON'T plug it in until other VK members have gone over Old Televisions 101 with you!