View Full Version : A new forum

Kamakiri
12-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Based on the excellent information and depth of knowledge from old tv nut in a couple recent posts, I felt that this info was too valuable not to categorize seperately for easy reference, indexing, and questions.

If anyone knows of any other threads that should be moved here, please post a link, and it shall be done :)

DavGoodlin
02-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi K,
I agree that OTN (and anyone with similar knowledge) needs to be out in the open somewhere.

Would broadcast TV (us antenna dinosaurs) include DT reception issues?

Thanks

This website is pretty useful as well

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/

Einar72
02-23-2012, 11:22 PM
How about separating LCD and Plasma from rectangular-tube? The first rectangular sets went on sale around 1952, so maybe removing rectangular altogether might work better. Just have a separate classification for solid state and one for non-CRT? I dunno, let's hear more input!

Electronic M
02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
How about separating LCD and Plasma from rectangular-tube? The first rectangular sets went on sale around 1952, so maybe removing rectangular altogether might work better. Just have a separate classification for solid state and one for non-CRT? I dunno, let's hear more input!

I'm pretty sure that LCD and Plasma already have their own place in the Flat Panels & Digital forum section.