View Full Version : 1964 Magnavox B&W Stereo Theatre.

consoleguy67
10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi All,

Here is my 1964 Magnavox B&W Stereo Theatre. I bought this off E-Bay in February of 2009 for $5.00. The owner thought it was dead. As it turns out, the remote switch was on, and the relay unit was not working properly. When I got it home, I flipped the remote switch to off, and the set came to life.:thmbsp: The picture tube in it is the original.

Frank

mstaton
10-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice looking set. glad it was a simple fix.

bgk283
10-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Nice looking set, gotta love those big pieces of furniture......

miniman82
10-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Love the channel indicator in the corner of the screen, that's a nice touch.

DaveWM
10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
the remote on mine as bad as well, shorted transistor, easy fix. Then grab a phantom remote from ebay and enjoy the one way channel and lo, med, hi volume.

the Off is built into the channel (UHF position turns it off).

More fun, you can adapt the astro sonic to true TV stereo, on mine I added an RCA connector on a open hole on the tuner, cut a single jumper that connected L and R on the selector switch, wired that to the new RCA (so now I had two separate audio inputs for TV) and plug in the L and R audio from the DVD or decoder box. Not only do you get great sound, but you can fine tune for the best pic without consideration for best sound. Its easy to revert back, all you need is a Y connector to put L and R back and then plug in the orig audio out from the TV, but you will love how clean and nice it is in true stereo.