View Full Version : Well, I Done It...

Sandy G
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
...Pulled the trigger on a Blonder-Tongue AM 60-450 Agile Modulator. Oughta get it next week. Paid $75 for it, maybe too much, but it is what it is. Told about it Over Yonder, have had almost $75 worth of fun crackin' wise about the name of the thing-"Blonder-Tongue Agile Modulator"...I mean, come on, Sam Kinison could riff on THAT for 15 minutes, if he was still here... Hope y'all can lead me on figgerin' out how to Make It Work, so's I can watch all my TeeVees....(grin)

Sandy G
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
OK, so I got this beastie in-Now what ? It has a std "F" connector as an RF output- Can I tale a 90, & put a set of rabbit ears on it as a transmitting antenna ?

old_tv_nut
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Sandy G;3015049]OK, so I got this beastie in-Now what ? It has a std "F" connector as an RF output- Can I tale a 90, & put a set of rabbit ears on it as a transmitting antenna ?[/QUOTE

If your rabbit ears have coax, just connect directly. If twin-lead, use an ordinary 75-300 ohm balun transformer. That's all.

DavGoodlin
09-30-2011, 11:18 AM
That's one of the finest modulators. Up to 450 mhz, it should be able to broadcast any VHF channels 2-13. If you need to "broadcast" further away than just the room you are using it in, you may need to amplify the output at the broadcast antenna. I can only assume a small directional antenna, 1/4 wavelength specific to channel, would be better than rabbit ears. Have fun experimenting!

Dave 63
Motorola Minion