View Full Version : Flyback on my CTC-12...HELP!!!!

Kamakiri
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Okay, I'm about 80% done with changing the flyback on my CTC-12....and of course the new fly isn't exactly plug and play, so I had to transfer resistors and caps from the bad one.

I did all of the wiring successfully, except for two things. One is a thick blue wire running underneath the chassis to pin 9 on the picture tube. The second is a 47 meg resistor. Both are attached to the 4 pin junction on the flyback.

I redid everything else correctly, but like a ham fisted retard, somehow I lost the positions of where both of these should go.

Please help, it's all apart on my living room floor! :pity:

ctc17
09-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Pin 5 of the focus rect 1V2 should connect to a 1 meg 2 watt resistor as well as one of the filament leads. The other side of the 1 meg resistor should connect to that blue wire.
Pin 4, the other filament lead should connect to the 47meg resistor and the disc cap that goes to the focus coil, the other side of the 47 meg goes to the vert circuit.

Maybe I misunderstood your question..?

Kamakiri
09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I think I got it. We'll see.....

Incidentally, I ended up finding the schematics here:

http://boxcarcabin.com/rcaschematics.html

ctc17
09-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Yep thats my site. PM me contact and ill send you the good one

Kamakiri
09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
It didn't go so well :(

Nothing fried, but nothing else happened either. No raster, no sound, no nuttin. Back to the drawing board.....

DaveWM
09-13-2011, 09:25 AM
what was the original problem that pointed you to replacing the fly?

if you disconnect the plate cap from the horz out do you get 400vdc at the connector (the wire not the plate cap of the tube)?

Zenith26kc20
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Check for a dead damper tube if there is no B+ on the plate cap of the horizontal output. A bad flyback could have killed it. If it's good, check for 390 volts on pin five of the damper.

Kamakiri
09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I bought the set from grimer, needing a flyback. In retrospect, I should have powered the set up first and saw how bad the corona was (it had some burn marks) and tried to reseal it. Since it came with a NOS fly, I figured might as well swap it out. I'll pick up on the set when the snow starts to fly :)