View Full Version : stancor flyback ID

timmy
07-26-2011, 06:07 AM
hello all, is there any way to find out what kind of color set this flyback may go to,it is a stancor 110-601c it looks like it may be from a ctc15 the wires look the same but the mounting is different.i have no way to cross reference it to see what it goes to but i may need a flyback and i may try it since the wires are in the right places and i would have to change just alittle bit to make it fit the chassis, like the focus coil and the centering pot, otherwise it looks right and besides they are just not around or really hard to get. it also has the rca barber pole resistor so im sure its for an rca chassis.

timmy
07-31-2011, 06:22 AM
sorry guys the last post on this stancor fly number was wrong, the number was given to me but it really is a HO-601C , would this fly belong to a ctc15 or 16? moyers tells me its 15 but i read an article on a 16 chassis and they were throwing fly numbers around and came up with the cross from the 16 original fly to this one as the replacement, unless the 15 and 16 uses the same flyback?

ctc17
07-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Why do you want a 15 or 16 flyback when you have something like a 12.

Even better, why dont you get the proper sams for you SEARS SILVERTONE set and call Moyers with the part number for YOUR SET.

(i bet everyone is laughing at me for replying to this nonsense at this point)

timmy
08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
first of all it is not that i want a 15 or 16 flyback for my SEARS SILVERTONE but rather trying to find one that is close with little mods as possible to use should i need one in the future for my CTC12 SILVERTONE. and in another post i already said i have the proper sams, 655-2. and i also mentioned that moyers had been out of the ctc12 FLY273 for awhile now, and the flyback i have does have the horiz centering pot in it which you stated that it dont have any pots in it. ho-601c is the number you may look it up for your self, im not saying i can use this fly and i know all have different geometry but something as simple as a different bracket calls for a different number which then makes it not the same as another but overall this is why im asking certain things about flybacks.i never seen a post of anyone trying this as these chassis are close and if the ohms on this fly match with the SAMS i have well then i got lucky if it works. these old flys you know are very hard to find and rather then trying to use one that is totally different and needs lots of mods this way may be better,but it will have to be electricly the same just as it were a replacement.(and yes im sure everyone is laughing at you now that they read my post)

ctc17
08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
http://boxcarcabin.com/DSC14291.jpg

timmy
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
wow thats nice and yes thats the same one in my set,lol,are they for sale?

bgadow
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know what Don Patterson did with all the flybacks he had for sale a couple years ago? He had them advertised on the ETF classifieds, as I recall. I bought a FLY-273 from him at that time-my Admiral roundie (not a clone) uses it. I since found a NOS RCA but I'm going to hold on to it for now, since I own a CTC-12 as well. Don talked like he was going to toss out whatever didn't sell, but maybe somebody grabbed the whole lot?

timmy
08-03-2011, 02:54 PM
hi all,i posted on the classifieds that i have a new old stock flyback for a ctc15 in stancor ho-601c which replaces rca part number 113382 ctc15 and i would trade for a new old stock thordarson fly 273 or equivalent as i have no use for this fly since i have a ctc12 clone that uses the fly 273. i also posted a picture in the classifieds. if ohms readings are required from this stancor i can do so and post it.