View Full Version : Philco Siesta

cchaven
07-09-2011, 10:29 PM
A new antique shop opened up not far from here so I went and checked it out today. They had a really nice Silverton turntable/radio console and on top of that was sitting a Philco Predicta Siesta. I made a deal for the Siesta and left my contact info with one of the owners in case they get anything of interest in the way of older TV's and radios.

The Siesta is beige/gold and complete except for a power cord and the two small knobs on either side of the clock. Cosmetically it has some wear but isn't in bad shape...and the plastics around the CRT are in good shape with no breaks or cracks.

Does anyone know where I could get the two small knobs for the clock, a power cord, and a set of the feet for the bottom of the case?

Thanks
Jeff

Sandy G
07-10-2011, 07:33 AM
You ever been down to those Antique Shops in Fort Chiswell ?

spudz64
07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
The Siesta clock knobs are tough...does your Siesta still have both forked shafts protruding from the clock mechanism? If so, you are lucky! These tend to be found snapped off or the forks broken. If you have the original shafts still, I've found a seller that offers knobs that work well. (see item CR-17) I also see they now offer knob shaft repair tips too, so if your are snapped off too maybe these could help too, providing there is enough to attach it to.

Here's the link:
http://www.renovatedradios.com/clock_knobs.html

cchaven
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
You ever been down to those Antique Shops in Fort Chiswell ?

No, I've never been to them..I rarely go down that far. I pretty much stick to the local stuff

Jeff

cchaven
07-11-2011, 06:50 PM
The Siesta clock knobs are tough...does your Siesta still have both forked shafts protruding from the clock mechanism? If so, you are lucky! These tend to be found snapped off or the forks broken. If you have the original shafts still, I've found a seller that offers knobs that work well. (see item CR-17) I also see they now offer knob shaft repair tips too, so if your are snapped off too maybe these could help too, providing there is enough to attach it to.

Here's the link:
http://www.renovatedradios.com/clock_knobs.html

Yes, I found that link a few nights ago after reading an old post that said the Siesta knobs were very similar to older clock radio knobs. The CR-17's were the ones I was looking at getting, so it's good to know I was on the right track. At first I thought my shafts were undamaged, just missing the knobs. But on closer examination it looks like the forks were broken off cleanly, about even with the cover/face. I was looking at possibly ordering the shortest of the shaft repair tips.

Jeff

bandersen
07-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the link. I didn't know they had repair tips.

spudz64
07-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the link. I didn't know they had repair tips.

Evidently they just added them, as they didnt have them when I bought from them the knobs last year!

spudz64
07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes, I found that link a few nights ago after reading an old post that said the Siesta knobs were very similar to older clock radio knobs. The CR-17's were the ones I was looking at getting, so it's good to know I was on the right track. At first I thought my shafts were undamaged, just missing the knobs. But on closer examination it looks like the forks were broken off cleanly, about even with the cover/face. I was looking at possibly ordering the shortest of the shaft repair tips.

Jeff

Let us know how it goes!