View Full Version : Picked up a couple of sets this weekend. (Halolight, Arvin.)

rca2000
07-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I picked up a couple of sets the other day from CL.

One is a Sylvania halolight set. I wad disappointed to see that it is a "hot chassis" set, with series tubes, like a 25DN6 HO--and it is somewhat rough--and has been "worked on before", no back cover, the control assy. is hanging down from the front and resting on the top of the vertical chassis....BUT..it DOES have a good CRT, according to my CR-70. Looks like a "24AYP4" tube. It took just a BIT to wake up at 8V for a couple of mins...then the tube shows GREAT emission and cutoff at 6v. , and even life test!! It has a loose base--but is otherwise ok--and does NOT appear to be gassy--as the cutoff control does NOT suddenly "peg" when advanced any.

The other one is an arvin 21" table model, also hot chassis , 25CD6 HO and such..with a 21YP4 that ALSO tests pretty good. It took a bit longer to wake up--but tests good now.

Not sure if I want to keep them--or may be willing to part with them , perhaps. I do NOT think I would have grabbed that big Sylvania...had it NOT been a halolight...but it is and with a good tube too.