View Full Version : Suggestions for shipping a large crt?

JCFitz
06-26-2011, 08:36 AM
That RCA 17T172 didn't sell for the 2nd time on ebay and I haven't got even 1 email from craigslist. A member here needs the 20CP4 in it. I haven't a regular crt box and have never shipped a large crt without the box and inner packing materials. So I'm open to suggestions on shipping a large crt.

ohohyodafarted
06-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Well you know how a crt box and inner partitions are constructed, so you are just going to have to construct one on your own.

Then.....Ship it via grayhound bus. They handle everything by hand and if you make a reasonablbly good box and double box it, it will get there no problem.

Eric H
06-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I put lots of padding under the screen, then pack it so it's secured by the bell of the tube, keep the neck clear of anything that can hit it.

I would think another box that will fit snugly inside the first box could be used as a holding fixture. Cut a hole in it and flip it over and slide it down so it holds the tube by the bell. another box could be used on top of that to protect the neck and keep everything in place. lots of Elmers glue to hold it together and some Peanuts or foam around the edges to give it some rigidity.