View Full Version : I Was Hoping That This Would Be A Roundie!

Rental Limo
04-28-2011, 03:49 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/zip/2348421121.html

Sandy G
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Gee, I didn't realise the 1st color TVs were in the late Gayties/early Nineties...How silly of me to think they were first made back in antediluvian, prehistoric 1954... Wonder if they had CARS back then, too ?!?

JB5pro
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Ancient Sylvania TV w/ remote!
That sort of comment is from the most popular mindset from people of all ages who want to be "forever young". Actually it should be "forever childminded". So, they use TV sitcom style humor when ever possible like in alomost every response to anything.
The other day I called an established business and with correct enunciation in a voice that is American as can be I politely asked for: "Dorothy Schaeffer". After the third time of repeating the name to the owner's wife she responded with a voice that I would expect in an audition for her favorite comedy/soap opera: "Bob the chauffeur?". She had the classic little giggle at the end. Perhaps it was unintentional as medications are often off a little one way or the other.
It is sooo much fun chillen with adults who like to be 15, especially a spoiled 15yo.

David Roper
04-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Not even wood...?

Aussie Bloke
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
"Ancient" from my point of view is a matter of opinion, ancient could be something dating back 100 years, 50 years, 25 years or even 10 years. In the case of this TV set, it would of been made around the early/mid 1990s so it would be over 15 years old so to many people it can be considered as ancient. To my opinion, seeing we're now about probably 10 years into the digital 16:9 flat screen TV era, I consider that set pretty dated but not very ancient. For me to consider a TV set as "ancient" it has to be over 30 years old. On the other hand if I were to look at a computer made around the same time as that TV say an IBM 486 DX2-66 I would consider such a computer pretty ancient as computer technology has come a LONG way increasing in processing power exponentially!!! Anyways to us this set is hardly ancient but to those not familiar with the history of television it is because it's made over 15 years ago.

tvcollector
04-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I have an idea for that TV..

I love seeing sparks fly out of junk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2D7rJnnpE&feature=channel_video_title

miniman82
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
"it keeps turning itself off!"

I WONDER WHY?!?!?!?!?

dumbass

Username1
04-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Look at it another way.....................

Ha Ha me made ya- look ! ! !

tvcollector
04-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Haha, it keeps turning it's self off.. Funny watching those videos, only thing I don't like is that he does destroy stuff that is vintage..