View Full Version : Website relaunch

David Roper
04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Hopefully all the server propagation issues are over.

tvontheporch.com (http://tvontheporch.com/index.html)

I've added a few sets and made a few refinements to it and sure would be pleased if you took a look around.

charokeeroad
04-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Really like the way you set up your website Dave. I like the console set as well. You have a nice mix of consoles and tabel top sets. All are working I would think. How do you get the photos against a black background?

David Roper
04-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I have a weakness for consoles--and combos no less! As far as all of them working, well...if I never put a tough dog aside I'd never get any of them working! The restored sets are so marked. I have a short list of sets I want to do next but I already have one set aside and another waiting for a transformer. Then one that I just recently completed and have been using started arcing high voltage to the chassis...I think it will be quite a while before I get many of them working, but I will have screen caps and/or video for all the working sets.

The photos are modified with MS Paint. I just erase everything around the outline of the set and make that empty space black.

Reece
04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I enjoyed snooping around your site! Question: have you run out of room for sets yet??

David Roper
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks! Answer: They're not up to the ceiling quite yet. :arrow:

kramden66
04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
The Zenith porthole 16" console , i'd like to know when you restore it if you have the same problem mine has and a friend who has the same one, there is an arching or something that occurs , the 1b3 dims and the picture tries to go out , it gets dim , neither of us have figured out why this happens , and last few times i ran it it didn't do it .

mike

Glenz75
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Great site David, I found it very interesting and easy to navigate around. Keep it up..Cheers! Glen

David Roper
04-26-2011, 11:33 PM
:thmbsp: Glad you enjoyed it!