View Full Version : predicta penthouse

DaveWM
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
there is one in a local CL, I "may" go and check it out, but would not even touch it if its got a dud CRT. I assume its a 21" anybody know what CRT it uses, I will see if he will let me test the CRT.

Tom Albrecht
04-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Most likely a Philco SF21 or 21EAP4. Be careful! Some of these have 2.35 volt filaments, and you can blow the filament if you assume it is 6 volts and apply that much voltage.

If you have an original Philco CRT in there, it has a very high probability of being bad. The CRTs Philco used in these sets had very poor life. If you're lucky, the original was replaced at some point (sometimes with a 6 volt filament CRT). Then you have a much better chance of having it be good.

Tom

marty59
04-22-2011, 11:53 PM
I consider myself fortunate that my Barber Pole still has the original CRT. It responded to the lowest setting on my Sencore CR-161, before I had my Beltron and while Scotty was still around as a possible back-up. So don't be surprised if the tube is down on emissions.

If the filaments are good and it will come up a bit on its own then that would be promising. Also, a good thing about Predictas is that they show up frequently in various conditions and places so there are parts (and crt's) out there.

Let the tube dictate what your willing to pay and hopefully the seller is fair with you. Good luck checking it out!