View Full Version : Recommend a CRT Tester/Rejuvenator and Tube Tester

CoogarXR
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Hey fellas,

I wonder if you guys could recommend a good CRT Tester/Rejuvenator that I could find on ebay or whatever. I am also looking for a tube tester. I am starting off working on these two 1951 Zenith portholes, but I may get into tube audio some day too. I would like something to be able to test these two CRTs and and a variety of TV and audio tubes. There are so many choices, and with little tube knowledge, I don't know what I am looking at :scratch2:.

So-what do you pros recommend as a good, but inexpensive tube tester, and separately, a CRT tester/rejuvenator?

Thanks

Microtrol
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I would recommend the sencor cr70 as it is a very good CRT checker and rejuvenator. It can also check most scope type crts such as the 7 inch units. This unit has saved a few crts that some of the older units have not. I also have the beltron 8080a and though it is a good checker, the sencor is far superior.

miniman82
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Get a TV tube tester and a normal tube tester- reason is the CR70 is a great unit, but it only does TV's. You'll want to have that tool in your box, and it can be pricey. The trade off is you can use just about any old tester for normal audio tubes, so they should offset each other.

Microtrol
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I also have a accurate 257 tube checker and it has a generic CRT checker. You can usually get these for abort 30 bucks on eBay. It checks most tubes and also has a set of pin straightners as well, it might perform most checking functions including CRT testing but no rejuvenation functions. But on the the repair of the the CRT itself, the sencor cr70 is the best