View Full Version : Free Hoffman Easy Vision TV

tamdonovan
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Hello all. I had this posted on craigslist in the S.F. Bay Area, looking for a buyer. I would happily give it away for free to anyone that I can be sure is interested in restoring it. Here's the ad, just reply and say you saw it on Videokarma and if you are local and can pick it up, it is yours.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/atq/2305269465.html

charokeeroad
04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
You obviously care a lot about this set. I find the 50's sets very watchable and I do watch them all the time. It's somewhat sad that more people like you aren't there to rescue theses set and give them new homes when the need them. I work with a restorer that lives in San Jose. I live in SoCal but I drive up to San Jose every few weeks and pick up restored set and drop off new ones to be restored. If we can work out a time and place to meet I would be happy to pick up this little treasure and give it a new home. You can Private Message me from this forum.

John

Eric H
04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
That's a very nice set!
I've been impressed by the quality and performance of the Hoffman I have.
The Green is annoying but it can be replaced with a clear if so desired (keeping the old one too of course)

CoogarXR
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow- somebody please save that set, it's nice! I'm in Ohio or I'd get it :)

charokeeroad
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I made contact with the owner and will pick up this set near the end of the month.

Could someone provide me with some feedback on this set. like year, CRT type, chassis number or whatever else you can think of? Is the CRT a 12UP4?

Thanks

charokeeroad
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
That's a very nice set!
I've been impressed by the quality and performance of the Hoffman I have.
The Green is annoying but it can be replaced with a clear if so desired (keeping the old one too of course)

Hi Eric, I was wondering if it was possible to put a clear lense in this set. How did you do it? Is it flat? did you use plastic or glass?

Thanks