View Full Version : Welcome to my life

earlyjukeman
03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey out there reading this. I am getting up there in years and have decided to "go" or get off the pot. So I am getting back into the Tv hobby after just looking at blank screens for years with my blank expression. Long to see Ralph send Alice to the moon on my Dumont once again. I don't have the time to restore them all so I am going to part with some It's tough for me to say it as I am and always will be a collector. I rarely ever sell anything.

Posting some in the For sale section and will be watching the site for help when I get into my Dumont that caught on fire. It's a 103 Meadowbrook and I used it for a year without any problems till guys from work came over to see my collection. I live near Kennedy Airport and the planes fly right over my house at times and the Dumont picked up the plane to control tower talk. This time I turned it on and BANG , smoke and flames. I threw it up in the attic where it still awaits a rebirth.

I have a nice "doghouse" and a mint Philco 48-1000 that the guy I got it from said "doesn't work". I want to get it working also. I have an electronics background so I'm not a total neophyte.

In 1982 I bought the entire contents of a radio/tv repair store that had opened in 1926 in Brooklyn. When I can get to it I will have parts and lots of tubes for those who need them.

Love that high voltage,
Al

Sandy G
03-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Welcome, & To Th' Moon ! (grin)

Buzzsaaw
03-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!
I'm new here and so far, I've met some real nice folks.. very helpful and entertaining guys.

Took a look at the TV you mentioned. Nice style!.. So far I don't have any "round Tubes" or old TVs but who knows!

Buzz:thmbsp:

bgadow
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome! I'm surprised there aren't more members on here from the NY area-hard not to envy some of the finds that must be around there.

bandersen
03-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Welcome to VK :wave: Those are some real nice sets you've mentioned. I'm sure we can help you get them running again.

I can't wait to see what treasures you find from that old store :scratch2:

Bob

neali
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey out there reading this. I am getting up there in years and have decided to "go" or get off the pot. ... Love that high voltage,
Al

Hey Al,

I am also living on the island and decided to say hi on your thread. I was an audiophile hobbyist from late 70's to mid late eighties when the CD digital revoluton and the increasing scarcity of new vinyl left me blah about the direction of audio equipment.

I built most of my electronics and speakers back then. Lately I have felt the tug of tube radios and B&W televisions and hope to have my first project within the week.

Stumbled across this site and I look forward to reading and learning from others. See you on the forums...

Rich

moinau
04-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Welcome to VK

Tony V
04-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome!

Username1
04-18-2011, 07:18 AM
hummmm I would like an entire tv shop...........