View Full Version : What was this tv?

gary k.
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Was poking around YouTube and found this. Saw this movie years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIrNCReUAo

jr_tech
03-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking RCA CTC20a...ouch!
It appears that the CTC 16 series has similar knobs so I'm not so sure... :scratch2:
jr

marty59
03-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Could be a 20, the only one I've seen with that style of knobs is on the Howard Sams but I have also seen 16's before with a black metal cabinet. I think the cabinet backs are different as the 16's are a dark color and the 20 backs are the more common neutral color back...
Here's my early sixteen buried in the corner of my little workroom. Needs gone through but once warmed up it's a sharp player..I've had it since 1977!

marty59
04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Could be a 20, the only one I've seen with that style of knobs is on the Howard Sams but I have also seen 16's before with a black metal cabinet. I think the cabinet backs are different as the 16's are a dark color and the 20 backs are the more common neutral color back...
Here's my early sixteen buried in the corner of my little workroom. Needs gone through but once warmed up it's a sharp player..I've had it since 1977!

Gee I'm going to have to correct myself on that cabinet back thing as that may not be entirely correct..I just picked up a model GH630W which at first I thought was a CTC-16X series but turned out to be a CTC-20C!....It was a long time ago that I had that other 20 with the metal cabinet..

Sometimes you really have to look for some details to tell the differences with some RCA's...

I'll make a new thread in the right location to share my new find when I get the time.