View Full Version : My 1st vintage tv video

JCFitz
03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
asnd it's my first youtubevideo.let me know what you think of my video of the Admiral 20Y4E but be gentle:) It really is my 1st youtube video.I couldn't put them up until I got high speed internet. Btw the first reply is by the lady I'm fixing it up for.

Any suggestions for the moire or is it an artifact of filming a tv? At least I didn't get the hum bar appearing dark bar with my Sony digital camera. I think I need to turn down the tv brightness for filming. in person the picture looks normal. Not kinda washed out like that.

Btw you can hear the ticking when I home in on the HV rectifier area.I haven't contacted Moyers about the HV cup and socket where it appears to be coming from.I need to pull the chassis again to get a picture of the underside of it to see if he can find one.

Btw the intermittent slight vertical height change has seemed to gone into permanent hibernation especially since I plugged it direct instead of through the variac and isolation transformer.I wonder if I was on a flaky spot and the line voltage was varying ever so slightly once in a while.:scratch2:

This tv's performance is solid and stable.Takes about a minute or so to get up to it's normal brightness and contrast and then it's solid as a rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSuBDjYfvg

Sandy G
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Kewl !

bandersen
03-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice job :thmbsp: Your sets is playing very well. It's better than my first few YouTube videos for sure :o

The set might look even better if you set your camera in a stationary position. Like on a tripod or table level with the TV.

I have a lot of trouble with dark bars when I record TVs. I believe it's due to the camera's framerate being out of sync with the set.

Dan Starnes
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Great job!

Dave S
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
It's better than my first few YouTube videos for sure :o

Hi Bob. Hey, it looks like YouTube lifted the 10 minute cap for you too. Life is good again!

I think all the YouTube videos are great. It's always nice to see the sets, and some of you guys are sharing really useful information, so Thanks!

--Dave