View Full Version : Sencore cr161

skillybob
03-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I bought a Sencore CR161 CRT tester on ebay but I am having trouble with it. There is a 1k wire wound pot that controls the filament setting. I think this is a 2 watt unit.The pot is completely fried. It is marked Clarostat A43-1000. I can't find a direct replacement for this part but Mouser has something similar that I think I can use. Would anybody have a schematic for this unit? I don't know what caused the pot to burn up but I can not see any other components that are damaged. When I bought the unit it came with a tube setup guide for the various tube types but no info on how to use the tester and no schematic for parts replacement. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

marty59
03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
On my Sencore, there are instructions on a label that is stuck on the inside of the lid, but there are more detailed instructions contained with the service manual. I do have the schematic but the parts list only gives Sencore replacement part numbers. Not sure if the manufacturer still supplies anything, they were helpful to me but my invoice was dated from 10 years ago!

As for that burnt pot....it is across the A/C line supplying voltage to the primary of the filament transformer through the selector switch.

I can make you some copies if you like and mail them to you.
PM me and we'll work out some details.