View Full Version : Here's one I have seen in a magazine ad from Admiral goes in a day

JB5pro
03-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Seems like a great find/buy to me. I think it was advertized nationally in more than one magazine when new.
Item number: 270716693365
I searched and could not find if somebody already posted this. It is in Des Moines

Jeffhs
03-13-2011, 02:25 PM
The control panel layout of that set looks familiar to me, as I remember seeing a portable TV in the early '70s with a control cluster almost identical to this one; however, I don't think the set I saw was an Admiral. Did any other US TV manufacturer copy Admiral's front panel design layouts, and did Admiral ever make a b&w portable with the same control cluster? :scratch2:

BTW, I hope someone grabs this one, as Admiral consoles don't show up that often on eBay or CL. In fact, I don't think Admiral was that popular even in its heyday. I have only seen two Admiral TVs in my lifetime; the first was a trash-day find, a 23" console that I never did get to work, and I think the rest of the set (I think it once was a 3-way entertainment center) had been removed from the cabinet by the time I got to it. The second was a 12" Admiral color portable one of my uncles bought when his 23" Sylvania b&w console bit the dust some time in the late '60s or early '70s.

bgadow
03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd like to have an Admiral color console again-I let a few go to the dump many years ago. That isn't the most common control panel; they seemed to vary the style a bit. Maybe somebody close enough can snag this one.