View Full Version : Adjusting newer sets.

mirayge
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
How do you adjust color and brightness on non-collector sets? I'm talking about sub $40, generaly silver with side speakers. I crank the heck out of the contrast and lower the brightness until the picture isn't washed out. Then I use Days of Our Lives (NBC seems to be using all their peacock colors in HD produced shows) to do the tint adjustment. Getting hospital scrub green and natural skin tones is a PIA, some tubes can't do it. Color is then adjusted to where red is natural. The final test is to play Queen - We Will Rock You through the component inputs. If I say 'WOW' it is perfect.

radiotvnut
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
On newer TV's, these adjustments are usually made via the service menu. To access this menu, you usually have to have the original remote and the procedure to access the service menu is different from brand to brand. You will usually need the factory service manual for details on how to access the service menu. Usually, the only non-microprocessor controlled adjustments in newer TV's are the focus and master G2 (screen) controls, which are located on the flyback transformer.