View Full Version : Who got the blue and white T102?

CurtisMathes
02-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Man, I'm pi$$ed. I bid $51.99 using the 1 click bid thing and it told me I was outbid - but the winning bid was only $47.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260737501535&si=tgNZIEFuDVjLCpZiAhRLJemgZPc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I wanted that TV.

Make me feel better. Did one of us get it at least?

bandersen
02-20-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been screwed by the one-click bid before too :rant: I just stick with the old 'place bid' button now.

No, I didn't get it.

CurtisMathes
02-20-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been screwed by the one-click bid before too :rant: I just stick with the old 'place bid' button now.

No, I didn't get it.

Having followed your T102 thread, I was all set to become your best friend as I restored "mine".

Oh well . . .

kvflyer
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I did not bid on it.

But I only missed one item to finally figure out what the "One Click Bid" button does. It only jumps you up by one increment. So if the bid is $25.00 and the increment is $0.50, clicking the One Click Bid button will move your bid up to $25.50. However, if the present high bidder has his/her high bid as $35.00, the thing will take your bid, and out bid you and jump it up to $30.00. Present bid, $25.00 + your bid $25.50 (the One Click Bid) + the next increment of the present high bidder = $30.00 by using the incremental bidding.

I think I have that correct. But I will never use the One Click Bid. I think it is basically useless. More of a come-on by eBay. (Go figure!)

If someone disagrees and has another explanation, I will stand corrected!

CurtisMathes
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I did not bid on it.

But I only missed one item to finally figure out what the "One Click Bid" button does. It only jumps you up by one increment. So if the bid is $25.00 and the increment is $0.50, clicking the One Click Bid button will move your bid up to $25.50. However, if the present high bidder has his/her high bid as $35.00, the thing will take your bid, and out bid you and jump it up to $30.00. Present bid, $25.00 + your bid $25.50 (the One Click Bid) + the next increment of the present high bidder = $30.00 by using the incremental bidding.

I think I have that correct. But I will never use the One Click Bid. I think it is basically useless. More of a come-on by eBay. (Go figure!)

If someone disagrees and has another explanation, I will stand corrected!

I don't doubt your hypothesis at all.

I had bid earlier, watched it go up to 40 something, entered my 51.99 hit "one click bid", got a "you've been outbid" msg, and then I went into freakout mode.

I didn't have time to bid again because I'm one of those 6 seconds to go "sniper" guys.

Guess it might have been karma for all the "kills" I've gotten as an eBay sniper.

Microtrol
02-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, that would be me, I was surprised to win it as I usually get sniped. Maybe we can trade something for it

CurtisMathes
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Good for you, at least it's one of us and not a fish bowl maker.

You won it fair and square. I think you're out on the west coast and I'm in FL. Hell, the shipping would eat us up if we traded and I don't have much to trade anyway.

Take lots of pictures and let us watch as you restore it.

Microtrol
02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I will but its currently behind a predicta, RCA 8t241 and a teletone 149. Oh well, so many tvs and so little time

Microtrol
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
It arrived and its intact. This one is behind a few other sets but will post more on the restoration when I start it.

bandersen
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Cool. I'm glad it survived shipping. I'll be scanning the Sams for this set and posting it to the ETF soon.