View Full Version : RCA Picture Tube

tvcollector
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Hello, i located a RCA Picture tube that looks like it may go to my Motorola Quasar (Works In a Drawer) Console.. Heres the info of it..

had a rca tv and a new picture tube for a console tv(24 in i think). the tv is long gone and sadly altimeters claimed my father who knew enough to install this item. i just hate to waste a high price item like this if someone with the need and knowledge to make use of it is out there. it is still sealed in the original box.

I asked the person if there is any model number for the tube listed and he replied with this.

there was a lot of stuff on the box. nothing that specifically said model number.it said: hi-lite rare earth perma chrome picture tube. had 3 different numbers that might be what you're looking for. aab 98702 477016 and 17107311731 unfortunately, my deceased father was the one with all the tv and electronics knowledge. i hope one of these things helps.

With the info above would anyone know if this tube would work in place of my old Picture tube in the Motorola Quasar that has a week picture tube?

Thanks in advance for any info..

Oops i just realized I posted under the wrong category.. And i can't delete this and post in the Rectangular Tube & Solid State category

bgadow
02-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Those numbers, unfortunately, don't help us. Probably serial numbers. Really, the tube is likely to either be either a 23V or 25V, and either one will substitute for a long list of tubes. If I had to go out on a limb I would say it is the 23V. Could be like a 25XP22, 25AP22, something like that. Well worth saving as the supply is slowly drying up.

tvcollector
02-16-2011, 12:01 AM
it was going on ebay for $10, the auction ended earlier.. seems like it would work with the motorola quasar, i would be taking a chance though, and if it didn't work i really dont have the room to store it