View Full Version : Possible rare Zenith 29JC20Q in NY

kx250rider
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I think this set MIGHT be the elusive 29JC20Q... The very first production color chassis with the two 3DG4 rectifier tubes! Not sure, but someone Back East should check into it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Zenith-Color-TV-Vintage-/300523528006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f8991f46

Charles

(Mods please note: Informational purposes only; no affiliation here)

jpdylon
02-07-2011, 12:30 PM
wow, never seen one like that before. Could be a hidden treasure. Wrong coast for me =(

oldtvman
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
The front crt bezel was a later production set 64-65 vintage

zenithfan1
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
The front crt bezel was a later production set 64-65 vintage

You beat me to it. I was gonna say the same thing. The earlier bezels are a bit rounder in the corners and the paint is different.

zenithfan1
02-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Did anyone take a good look at the bottom of the cabinet? The side pictures show what looks like water damage towards the back of the set at the bottom. He says it's dusty but that don't look like dust to me. If anyone's close, you should ask to look at it before bidding too high. I hope it's not to bad, I really like the style of this one, and the fact it has wheels:D

wkand
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Plus, it has the motor driven pushbutton tuner. Zenith made a ton of these without remotes. My parents have a combo version of this set, and indeed it is from 1965, with the 25MC33 chassis. No obvious cataracts on this bad boy either!!

This would not be so bad if it had a bit of water damage, as it is probably solid wood in much of the cabinet. even if water damaged, what is it that could not be cleaned up. As the member from San Diego said, wrong coast for me, but hope someone rescues it.

zenithfan1
02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Plus, it has the motor driven pushbutton tuner. Zenith made a ton of these without remotes. My parents have a combo version of this set, and indeed it is from 1965, with the 25MC33 chassis. No obvious cataracts on this bad boy either!!

This would not be so bad if it had a bit of water damage, as it is probably solid wood in much of the cabinet. even if water damaged, what is it that could not be cleaned up. As the member from San Diego said, wrong coast for me, but hope someone rescues it.

Did you steal my Zenith combo!:D That sounds like the same one as mine to a tee, even down to no cataract. Mine has the power tuning and 25MC33 *BULLETPROOF chassis. Is your parents set an Italian provincial cabinet?

*I say bulletproof because it is all original, only repaired, not restored (yet) and still works great!