View Full Version : CT-100 Winter Project Chassis

Kirk
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
After quite a delay, the snow has confined me to my workshop once again, chassis # B8002122 has lit up the test kinescope. Most of the original tubes have the date code 13-4 to 17-4...April to May 1954. Had a bit of trouble with a blanking issue, almost called JF...:-)...but found the last naughty resistor and here it is...the scope patterns indiate good quadature...soon to reunited with what I hope is a good kine...all indications are that will be the case...

Good to be back in the game...

Take care and I hope you all enjoy your confinement as I have...

Kirk

zenithfan1
01-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Sweet! It's always nice to see a CTC-2 chassis up and running. Good luck on the rest of your set! I really hope your 15G is good!

Phil Nelson
01-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Interesting. Dare I ask what you are using as a test kinescope?

Phil Nelson

Kevin Kuehn
01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Interesting. Dare I ask what you are using as a test kinescope?

Phil Nelson

I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming some sort of test jig?

Kevin

zenithfan1
01-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming some sort of test jig?

Kevin

It is, I can see the HV meter on it. I also like the looks of all those orange drops:D

Kevin Kuehn
01-25-2011, 12:01 PM
It is, I can see the HV meter on it. I also like the looks of all those orange drops:D

So is that a manufacture specific item, or are they generally more generic in nature? Pretty handy outfit.

Kevin

stromberg6
01-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Kirk!
Those lab rats have a way of infecting us with uncontrollable desire to bring them back to life.
My 4 is doing very well, but the chroma needs a good alignment. Can't get a decent NTSC bar pattern, and the blues take over the greens at times. Gated patern looks semi-OK. Couldn't ask for much better Y channel response though, nice and sharp. I love the darn thing!! :yes:
Been busy with the theatre organ group lately.
I'll be in touch.
Kevin

Steve D.
01-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey Kirk,

Look forward to seeing that nicely restored chassis back where it belongs, in the cabinet, and bringing forth great color pix on your 15GP. Just to rub it in....Were not confined a bit here in L.A. Pushing 80° tomorrow.

-Steve D.

TubeType
01-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Kirk,
We've had our fair share of winter, too. That's a great shot of your B8002122 being tested live, on the bench. Please show us a few more.

Steve D,
The weather here in Starlight, IN is a toasty 28°F with more snow in the forecast. Do you have earthquake supports installed on your sets?:scratch2:

Steve D.
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote: "Steve D,
The weather here in Starlight, IN is a toasty 28°F with more snow in the forecast. Do you have earthquake supports installed on your sets?"

Hi Terry,

In the last big quake we had in '94, the doors on my CTC-5 Wingate sprung open. No damage, but the door pulls are now wired together. If my CT-100 starts to move, It will have to be the "BIG ONE" and L.A. will swap zip codes with San Francisco.
Hope to see you at the ETF.

Stay warm,
-Steve D.