View Full Version : CTC-7AJ on CL for $350 in Albany!

miniman82
01-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Nice looking set!

(no affiliation)

Model 21-RC-8985U, someone go get it!

http://albany.craigslist.org/ele/2141644468.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3oe3pe3le5Q15T25Z3b13aa7fd027bf421610.jpg

zenithfan1
01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
It's a REMOTE set too!!!!:drool:

zenithfan1
01-04-2011, 09:16 AM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:I had to add more :drool: because that exact set is one of my "Holy Grail" sets.....

zenithfan1
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
My birthday is in August, if anyone wants to buy it for me, hold it until then and ship it to me, that would be great!............(crickets chirping)........... What? No takers? I didn't think so:D

All jokes aside, this one's worth the price and I hope someone here grabs it.

droptop
01-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Still no takers? Well. Here’s hoping all your friends see your gift suggestion. I had no idea this was such a neat set when I found the one I have. The remote is fun to see in action if a bit of a challenge to restore. It was my first color set and I got lucky when I found it as told in an older thread. It sat unused and untouched since 1971. When I went to pick it up you could tell the story was true- the condition was amazing. The den where the set was kept had been unused after the original owner died that year.

GeorgeJetson
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
What year is this Rca?

zenithfan1
01-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Still no takers? Well. Here’s hoping all your friends see your gift suggestion. I had no idea this was such a neat set when I found the one I have. The remote is fun to see in action if a bit of a challenge to restore. It was my first color set and I got lucky when I found it as told in an older thread. It sat unused and untouched since 1971. When I went to pick it up you could tell the story was true- the condition was amazing. The den where the set was kept had been unused after the original owner died that year.
I remember that set, it was on eBay. What a beauty! I'm glad she got a great new home.

What year is this Rca?
It's a 1957 or '58, they were produced both years and had a lot of cabinet styles. The CTC-7 is one of my favorites for that reason, that and it's the first remote RCA color set. Oh yeah, almost forgot, :drool::drool: :)

miniman82
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Perhaps it's this one?

http://novia.net/~ereitan/Gallery/images/CTC7_Late/CTC-7_Grenoble300.gif

GeorgeJetson
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
That is a beautiful set.
Does anyone have a picture they could post of the remote? Was it the one with the rocker looking switches?

droptop
01-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes, it's the Grenoble. Here’s a photo of the original remote that came with my set.

miniman82
01-06-2011, 10:23 PM
WOW, pretty! I bet it looks even better in person, they always do!

miniman82
01-06-2011, 10:23 PM
BTW, what is the panel on the front, remote stuff?

GeorgeJetson
01-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, it's the Grenoble. Here’s a photo of the original remote that came with my set.

Thanks Droptop,
That's cool,I hadn't seen that remote before!

droptop
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
It’s a spring loaded door covering the storage compartment for the remote. The circular escutcheon below is the audio pickup sensor. The small red button below is the remote amplifier power indicator. The 8 tube amp stays on continuously for remote operation or flip the switch to turn it off and use the main power switch for manual operation. The original operating instruction booklet also came with the set. It was found right before I picked up the set.:banana:

ohohyodafarted
01-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I sent 4 emails to the seller and it took almost 2 weeks for the reply to come back. I have pasted the reply below. At $700 I am going to take a pass. It is a nice set but surely it is not that valuable and it is too far away to spend that kind of money and then have to pay to ship it besides. If I was in the area I might consider it but not at $700 plus shipping expense.

__________________________________________________ ______

Hi All- I apologize for the delay in response, let me explain what's going on with this television set.

Some history:
I am selling it for a friend who just took over ownership of a historic building in Saratoga Springs (built in 1832). This TV was left in the building, in the apartment of the prior owner, an elderly woman.

He is doing some renovations and wanted me to list it on Craigslist. Shortly after I listed it, his Architect for the building came in and mentioned to him this is a collectible, in absolutely fantastic condition and should take no less than 700 dollars for it.

I'd like to get this sold as soon as possible, I did get many responses-- so any of the gentlemen on this list who are still interested, please give me a call back to discuss.

I'd like to get all highest offers by this weekend, if possible. It would sweeten the pot if you had any vintage audio equipment (Amplifiers, receivers, turntables, etc.- and most of all speakers) Both my friend and I are very much into vintage audio equipment and anything audio-related.

Please note that I'll have higher- resolution images of the set as soon as possible- that I can email you back if interested.

**The Legs, and original REMOTE and extended warranty document dated 1959 are included.**

I apologize for the delay, please let me know if you have any questions, clarification requests, etc- I would be glad to help in any way possible.

freakaftr8
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Ouch.. 700 bucks.. Could anyone here justify spending that much? I wonder if he is going to get it sold..

DaveWM
01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
never mind

bluenorm
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
lets his Architect have it ! changing the price of the set after the original post is ..... not very nice.

miniman82
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
It's not worth that much anyway, most I'd give for it is $400.

ChrisW6ATV
01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
"I will not answer for two weeks, then double the price, and NOW I want to sell it as soon as possible", ha ha!

sampson159
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
of course the architect is an expert on these things.i call my doctor to ask about my ranger pickup.the attorney down the street advises me on plumbing issues.the cashier at kellys market can evaluate my roof.another treasure hunter that thinks he has struck gold.let him sit on it for awhile.i ll bet the price will go down,down,down after a week or so.350 is a good price for this.700?a little too high,but dont take my advise.i am a mechanic,plumber,electrician,hvac tech,carpenter,dispatcher,driver,renovator,baker,s heet metal fabricator,welder,salesman,beverage tech,manager,etc.i dont know much,but i know what a slimeball is!

freakaftr8
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
No kidding. I cannot even sell my KV-36XBR450 with factory stand for 100 bucks up here. Of course the ctc-7 is much much rarer. And more valuable.

julianburke
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
An architect who knows all about TV's. I wonder if he can build structures with all the knowledge he has of TV's?