View Full Version : Flyback Question

holmesuser01
01-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I've got an unknown new color television flyback. Dont know who made it or anything. If it doesent fit an RCA CTC-10, I probably dont need it.

The lettering on it is: FR-502.

Here's a picture of it. Any suggestions?

TV Engineer
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
It appears to be for an RCA CTC15 chassis... PN 113382 I believe.

holmesuser01
01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
It doesent show in the picture, but the HV rectifier plate connection is a short wire and cap connector. Dunno if the 15's had the HV rectifier stuck in the top of the transformer or not.

old_coot88
01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
It doesent show in the picture, but the HV rectifier plate connection is a short wire and cap connector. Dunno if the 15's had the HV rectifier stuck in the top of the transformer or not.
No they did not. That didn't come until the CTC-16 onward.
Bill(oc)

doogie812
01-14-2011, 12:08 AM
It’s definitely for a CTC 15. Set the CTC 15 and 10 schematics next to each other compare the wiring and voltages. If voltages are the same you can haywire it in. I once used a flyback from a CTC 11 in a CTC 16. Hope this helps. Doogie

old_coot88
01-14-2011, 07:25 AM
...If voltages are the same you can haywire it in. I once used a flyback from a CTC 11 in a CTC 16. Hope this helps. Doogie
Man, you got more guts than an Army mule. I never did this with a color set, but did it numerous times with B&Ws. Major compatibility issues were always with the pulse windings. Bill(oc)

holmesuser01
01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
This is incredible. I have run across an RCA roundie here near my house that I believe to be a CTC-15. It looks alot like the one that Granny watched on The Beverly Hillbillies!!! I'll get to go and look at it again as soon as the snow melts off around here.

Thanks, Doogie, for that tidbit of information on compatibility. I've always been afraid to try something like that on a color set.

My CTC-10 has the flyback from an 11 in it. It's been there for at least 25 years. I only tried the swap because everything connected exactly the same way.

DaveWM
01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
This is incredible. I have run across an RCA roundie here near my house that I believe to be a CTC-15. It looks alot like the one that Granny watched on The Beverly Hillbillies!!! I'll get to go and look at it again as soon as the snow melts off around here.

Thanks, Doogie, for that tidbit of information on compatibility. I've always been afraid to try something like that on a color set.

My CTC-10 has the flyback from an 11 in it. It's been there for at least 25 years. I only tried the swap because everything connected exactly the same way.

:thmbsp: