View Full Version : Seeking magnavox flyback...

nasadowsk
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
(apologies if this was the wrong forum...)

Ok guys, I'm seeking a magnavox flyback, it's for a late 40's set.

The set's a Chassis 219/220/222 etc, 12LP4 CRT

The Flyback numbers are:
Maggie: 320026-1
Stancor: A-8127
Chicago: TFB-1
Thordarson: FLY-1
RCA: 211T3 <---???

I've got access to the flybacks from an RCA T100 and 9T246, too - anyone know if those'll work?

Moyers didn't have one, last I checked :(

Thanks!

Tubejunke
12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I think that the Thordarson Fly-1 was the one that was used for several runs of late 40s-early 50s RCA stuff. I don't know about a Magnavox to be honest. I had (and still have) a cache of vintage NOS flybacks and yokes that I have been trying to move (hopefully as a lot) for a few years now. I don't remember posting my inventory list here this year. I had been posting it here and there so fellow collectors would be aware of what was available. I'll double check my list to be sure that they are all gone, but I am pretty certain that my Fly-1s were quick to go. Seems like they were extremely heavy and well built. The bad part is that I have two vintage RCA sets now and I don't remember why I even let go of a spare flyback for them. DUH? If anyone wants a list, just PM me with an e-mail address and I will zap you one.

stromberg6
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Do you know if the FLY-1 crosses to a Merit HVO-1? I have several Merits.
Kevin

Tubejunke
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I have no cross-reference data available here. I just happened to buy a load of yokes and flys thinking that perhaps I could turn them for extra money. This was several years ago and I still haven't returned on the investment. I just paid too much is what it amounts to I guess. Anyway, if you have a Sam's folder for your set, they normally have Merit, Thordarson, and stock #s. Check that if you can. Is the Merit physically the same as the stock part? If so, it might just be the same. Maybe someone here can provide the resistance values from a known working fly so you can compare.

stromberg6
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
The Merit HVO-1 is the type used in the RCA 630TS, 8TS30, and many others. I think my Dumont RA-103 even uses the same fly. I used one in an RCA 8T-244 with excellent results. Maybe someone can help with the cross.
Kevin

Eric H
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I think either of those RCA Flys should work if they look the same.

stromberg6
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Could be... the fly's I have are constructed not with ferrite, but it looks like solid steel diagonally positioned from vertical when viewed with the terminal board down. I would imagine that the very early post-war sets didn't use too many components different from each other, at least that's what I've been able to learn from many many hours of Rider TV manual reading, something I've absolutely loved to do since I was a young kid. Helped me learn to read schematics of drawn in the various manufacturers styles. But I digress...
Hope we can find something that will work for the Magnavox!
Kevin

nasadowsk
12-05-2010, 10:30 PM
The OEM (blown) Magnavox fly looks just like 630's flyback. So, maybe if the Merrit crosses fr the Thordarson, it'll work, too?