View Full Version : Roundie in Simi Valley, Charles!

Eric H
10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
$40 I can't tell what make it is.
"Hurry and buy it before I disassemble it and part it out on ebay"

http://ventura.craigslist.org/atq/2001286368.html

David Roper
10-21-2010, 03:22 AM
General Electric. I recognize the control panel placed (unattractively IMHO) within the grill cloth. Also, you can just about make out the General {GE} Electric logo below the screen.

marty59
10-21-2010, 07:39 AM
I'd have to agree also. I haven't come across this early of a model before. Would this be a clone chassis?

zenithfan1
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Yep, probably like a CTC15 clone judging by the lower set of controls.

kx250rider
10-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I've been playing phone tag with the seller since last week... Hopefully Ill get it today, weather permitting. I just want to play with it, and probably won't keep it permanently. Constant rain & thunderstorms allweek so far.

Charles

kx250rider
10-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Picked it up tonight.. It's a hi end GE indeed. No remote, but twin speakers and a real wood cabinet (not particle board/masonite with veneer). Probably this is one of the Ethan Allan cabinets, although there isn't a plackard. It's been outside, EEK!. Looks like no rain damage, luckily. However, the crt is busted. The seller worked at Best Buy, and this set was sent back to be junked when they delivered a new set. He took it home and saved it, but not before it was shoved upside down on top of other junked sets. I'll give it a once-over in the morning, and repost with pics.

Charles