View Full Version : Is this overpriced for a 1950's circa. RCA Victor?

Cruiseomatic
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/1962835650.html

Owner states on the phone that it has been in her warehouse for 3 years, Never pluged in so she assumes it does not work. I have not looked at it yet. I Will tomarrow. She is asking $100 OBO. What is a good offer for it so far? If I can't get it, Someone in the area hopefully can pick her up.

leadlike
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
The veneer looks like it is peeling off of the top. If you've never done refinishing, expect to spend about $50-$75 to get the supplies you would need for this one job.

Tvs like this one are pretty common around here. If I saw one like that, with that asking price, I wouldn't even bother to talk them down. Now, if they are tougher for you to find in your area, I would at least get them to take that price waaaaay down-40 bucks would be okay.

bgadow
09-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Exactly what leadlike said. 21" RCA BW consoles from the 50s are very common. I have one that same age that I would give to anyone who was willing to come here and get it.

radiotvnut
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Yep, most '50's consoles of this style are still fairly easy to come by and I probably wouldn't give over $20 for one, especially if I had no way of knowing if the CRT and other major parts were good. Before I'd give $100, it would have to look nice and work well.

The only TV that I've ever paid much for was when I gave $125 for a '49 12" round tube Admiral combo. The only reason I did is because round screen B&W's are next to impossible to find in my area and this one had all the paperwork and the knobs; but, it turned out that the CRT had an open filament.

dieseljeep
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey radiotvnut. I think I have a 12LP4 I can spare. PM back and let me know if you still need it. Price will be reasonable. Dave.