View Full Version : supre-macy scored, know of?

vintagecollect
09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
scored this nice SS SET W/ strong crt, anyone hear of these? Date code of 1978, looks older w/litho of wood on metal cabinet, burl on front. Made for Macy's

zenith2134
09-09-2010, 11:05 PM
My curiosity is piqued. I had a TG&Y 9" b/w with am/fm made for I think JCP about that age, but this one sounds unique.

All I can say at this point is that I remember some of the SS color store-sets (the type w/ a decent inline crt and taiwanese mainboard) had relatively good pictures.

Adam
09-10-2010, 12:58 AM
I had one, it was a curb find, a 1976 13" color with an infrared remote, varactor tuner. It worked ok, picture wasn't that great, I think the crt was a little weak.

vintagecollect
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
This is an extremely nice all American set made exclusively for Macys. Sets label show address of Macys in NYC. Set was evaluated by Macys tv group. This was when American TVs were the quality standard. Fit and finish of cabinet is better than similiar Zenith Tvs at the time. The design is retro and makes set look 5 years older than actually is. Best picture I can do as CRT brightness blooms camera as this is a low hour set. pic of OCC

Anyone else have one of these?

:thmbsp:

radiotvnut
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I may be way off base; but, that looks like a Wells-Gardner built set.

Hemingray
10-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I have an uncle on Staten Island that has a Supre-macy set, although of a later manufacture. Has a pretty decent picture (after replacing the crappy switching wall wart on the FiOS SD box). Nice little sets.