View Full Version : Toshiba 20AF43 Bad Tuner Connection

Dan Schafer
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Hope this TV isn't too new for this forum but I've been working on this Toshiba TV model 20AF43, chassis M3M727, circa 2003. When I put pressure on the rear of the tuner to the right I loose signal. A classic bad connection. I heated up all the solder joints associated with the tuner & nearby points on the circuit board and still have the bad connection the customer complained about. The customer has been putting a weight on the input cable for tension to keep signal contact but it won't stay put. Maybe a hair-line crack in one of the foil traces on the board near the tuner? I guess an open can be anywhere there is a flex in the circuit board. Looking for any other suggestions...thanks in advance. Would anyone have a scan of the page of the service manual or in Sam's set # 4937, showing where the tuner solder connections terminate on the board. Maybe I can test for continuity & find the open. Very small close foil traces not to mention a lot of surface mount components. A Challenge for sure!

Reece
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Get a strong light and your magnifying glass and solder away! Could very well be a bad trace you have to bridge. Good idea to clip on the ohmmeter and flex the board on trace after trace. Time consuming but no other way.