View Full Version : Old tv sets (European and American)

Telecolor 3007
09-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Here is a French guy that collects old tv sets: http://antique-tv-blazianu.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Einar72
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Great link, Thanks!

old_tv_nut
09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks much

Sandy G
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Very neat ! Gracias !

jhalphen
09-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Hello Gentlemen,

Another French collector's array of television sets, Joël Poulain's collection:

http://retro-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=234084

A nice sample of "something a little different" from what is seen across the pond in your neck of the woods...

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France

yagosaga
09-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Hello,

here is my international collection (few sets are missing on the photos).

Most of the sets will be disposed in the next weeks.

Kind regards,
Eckhard

Tom Albrecht
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Eckhard,

I like that VE301 "porthole" :)

Tom

Einar72
09-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Okay, Gentlemen,

Let's book a cargo container and bring the "disposal" sets home!

yagosaga
09-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Okay, Gentlemen, Let's book a cargo container and bring the "disposal" sets home!

Sorry, they will be part of a public museum soon.

- Eckhard

tritwi
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
That's a wonderful thing you're doing! Can I ask you why did you decide to do that? From what you always wrote on this site you seem to love this hobby as much as I do! Giving all those treasures to a museum must be quite painful even if this will certainly help save them for future generations. I hope the museum will be near enough for you to visit your gems sometimes! The Telefunken and the Blaupunkt in the pictures are simply gorgeous. I do hope to visit them at their new home one of these days! I visited the radio museum in Furth and I was really delighted. Too bad I had to leave those gorgeous Grundig early color tv set there...

yagosaga
09-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi tritwi,

that's not painful for me to give them to a museum. I am happy of finding such a possibility. In Germany we say: The last shirt has no pockets. This means, piling up money or valuable goods won't serve you anything once you're dead. For completeness of the collection, I have bought recently a Zenith Porthole. This was the only one which missed in my collection.

Kind regards,
Eckhard

tritwi
09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi Eckard,
I totally second your thought! And I'll be more than happy if I'll have the same possibility once I'll be dead. Anyway you don't seem so old to have to think to your last will and certainly all of us hope to have more time ahead to enjoy the beauty of life. I know we never know when our Lord will call us but in the meantime why not enjoy the company of things we like so much? I'd love to own a Zenith porthole but unfortunately they are not so common here in Italy and having it shipped from Usa is very difficult and expensive not to mention early european color televisions. We had not color tv broadcasting till 1977 and even early solid state color televisions are difficult to find nowadays. Is early tv finding easier in your country? I once had a Braun fs1000 but I was just a child...
Kind regards
Marco

yagosaga
09-21-2010, 06:52 AM
I totally second your thought! And I'll be more than happy if I'll have the same possibility once I'll be dead. Anyway you don't seem so old to have to think to your last will and certainly all of us hope to have more time ahead to enjoy the beauty of life.

Sorry tritwi, but since half a year, I suffer from serious lung cancer with only a short remaining life time. This is the reason why I took care about what happens with my collection. I would be very unhappy if my family has to do it when I'm dead, so I manage the things as long as I can.

Kind regards.
Eckhard

tritwi
09-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Oh I'm so sorry! That's really awful! I wish to you and your family all the best! You'll certainly be in my prayers. Here in Italy we use to say that when there is life there is still hope. I hope so much you'll have much much more time to live than you espect and to get the chance to enjoy our tv conversations for a long long time!
All the best
Marco