View Full Version : Ldk5

XDCAM
07-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Does anybody have a idea of how many LDK5s were made & how do you tell the age of them , as I have noticed some are different in their Colours .I have just found sum that have been out in the weather for about 15 years and they are stuffed !What a WASTE !!

W.B.
07-08-2010, 03:56 AM
I seem to recall that when that model was first introduced, the U.S. Norelco version was dubbed the PC-100 (yes, it is considered anywhere from part of the LDK-5 family to an ancestor of the LDK-5). In that form, a few stations did use it - notably WCVB-TV in Boston when that station signed on in 1972, after the original license holder for Channel 5 there (the Boston Herald-Traveler, owners of the original WHDH-TV) was kicked off. I have read that in some ways, the PC-100's performance was an improvement over the LDK-5.

Generally, if a Norelco logo is on the cameras, it's early 1970's and designated PC-100. It wasn't until the mid-1970's that Philips' name began showing up on the cameras in the U.S.

XDCAM
10-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Here is an update on my LDK5 . My BBC Camera Head is up and running .I would like to find its History Please .It is a Ex BBC Scanner Camera with Stickers on the boards saying North 3 (Green Background with Black writing ).It also has a k engraved on it .

BrianSummers
10-22-2010, 04:30 AM
The BBC type 5 scanner, North 3 was equipped with 6 LDK5s and later expanded to 8. It's reg number was NYN 34Y, CMCR37, N3. It was made by Link Electronics & Locomotors for the coachworks on a Seddon Pennine 4 Chassis.

The attached Photo was taken at Liverpool football ground in 1992, it is likely that your camera would have been there, but there was a lot of movement of cameras between vehicles. The tape you refer to is "ownership" tape in the hope that "your" cameras, boards, equipment, would not be misappropriated by your colleagues. It was not unusual to find layers of tape as some item moved between areas. like tree rings!

What is the serial number of your camera? and how did it get to New Zealand?

Brian www,tvcameramuseum.org

XDCAM
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Where do you find the SN Number on a`LDK5 .This might be the number (020117) as their are numbers all over the Camera Head .

BrianSummers
10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh dear, I don't know. My camera is right at the back of my store and is not at all easy to get at.

I would have expected it to be at the back or side on the lower frame. But it could be any where, or even missing!

sorry, Brian