View Full Version : Philco's first rectangular set on ePAY!

JB5pro
06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
I am actually guessing but I bet I am right this is Philco's first series of rectangular screens. It looks like the first style Motorola type of CRT. Looks like the horiz output tube has white getters and maybe that is all it needs to work like new! . I bet the seller would think it needs very little to be perfect, especially considering the price he wants. Maybe he thinks it's a deal because it is afterall a little less than the set would have sold for when new!
I just looked at tube chart and it is a 23EGP22. At least there is a brightner included :)
It is a beautiful cabinet and rare TV. So, perhaps it is a fair price to ask? What do you all think?
Item number: 220617508306

freakaftr8
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh good lord, a 23EGP22. I gaot one in a box in great condition if someone gets this set and needs it. But a nice set and yep rare. There were only a handfull of months that the 23EGP22 was being used to my knowladge. I could probably put a date on that Philco as June 1966 or thereabouts.

Eric H
06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
They have a lot of sets, all grossly overpriced in my opinion.

marty59
06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Agreed. Wants too much for everything listed...at least there's the "make offer" option. How convienent that there is a brightner thrown inside the cabinet, that justifies a lower price as the tube may be shot.

leadlike
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I wish this was a seller that would go away-almost all of their sets seem to have something wrong with them (the zenith with the missing power chassis, this philco w/ the brightener) or they are missing tubes. I'm gonna guess these sat in the back of a tv shop and were cannibalized for parts over the years.

Since this seller is local to me, their stuff is all I see when I do a search for older sets for sale near me (within p/u distance).

freakaftr8
06-17-2010, 01:55 AM
White getters on the HOT. Hmmm wonder if it spend alot of time melting the flyback. Love to see a pic of the flyback on this set. Bet that HOT has gotten so hot it went to air and overdrove the hv.