View Full Version : TV Cabinets in Tennessee

hposter
06-15-2010, 06:59 AM
OK--just got in a fun email, and had to let everyone know, yes there are old TV out there...

From Tennessee, Stephanie Campbell states: My zipcode is 37130. I am interested in selling these old TV cabinets. This is a sample of what I have. I probably have 20, some with the TV tubes and some without. Would you be interested in looking at them? Could you give me an estimate on the ones I have sent. Thank you for your help.

I know there are a lot of collectors that are drooling over these...the condition alone made me lust for them ;)

How come most of the good calls and emails like this, come from the South?? Ask me about the trip down to North Carolina to buy an old TV shop, and when I drove down, picked out the only good items and made an offer, the women that owned them, said, "No, I think I'll keep them...goodbye" and so my 2 day empty-van return trip started.

Sandy G
06-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Just make sure there ain't no Hornets or Waspers that have took up residence in 'em...LOL...

TheNixer
06-15-2010, 08:14 AM
She wants money for these?

I find the opposite to be true. You find crap like this in the South and sets actually kept indoors (gasp) up North. I like that Admiral cabinet but there's NO way I'd pay for it. That stuff doesn't even look salvageable. It's kinda heart breaking to look at it. 37130 is Murfreesboro, by the way.

kx250rider
06-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Sad.

Charles

AUdubon5425
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Here in the city, I used to see old consoles in front parlors or unused back bedrooms - we have no basements in New Orleans. Cross the lake into the "country" and outdated or inoperative appliances often wound up on a porch, or in a shed or lean-to, usually with a dirt floor.

bandersen
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Yuck. Maybe make a bonfire and put them out of their misery.

John Marinello
06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Anyone considering these better get a tetanus booster shot.